The Polish Research Centre and the Institute of Political Science and International Relations would like to invite you to the international academic conference
UK: yesterday, today, tomorrow
International Conference on Contemporary British Politics
The conference will be organized in Krakow, Poland on 23 and 24 November 2023
Call for papers
The United Kingdom is experiencing an unprecedented change at many levels and in many contexts. We would be interested in the papers that disseminate the research results on local and international aspects of this change. We also welcome papers on the perspectives and opportunities connected with Polish-British relations.
Suggested topics for the conference submissions are as follows.
- The evolution of primary British political institutions
- Dynamics of the British political party system
- British electoral system(s)
- The matters of devolution
- Local Government
- The future of Scotland
- Changes in the British society: (new) politics of identity
- New generations of migrants
- Polish traces and paths in the UK
- UK and Poland – strategic partnership
- The UK-EU relations in the aftermath of Brexit
- The Northern Ireland Protocol puzzle
- Politics of Global Britain
- The Reign of Queen Elizabeth II
These are, however, only suggestions, and we welcome submissions on other, albeit similar topics and themes. Our call is directed to political scientists and IR scholars but we are hoping to foster interdisciplinary exchange by widening our invitation to the representatives of related disciplines, such as security studies, sociology, cultural studies, anthropology, migration studies, and linguistics.
The language of the conference: English
The registration will open on 31 January.
The paper proposal should be submitted using a dedicated form by 7 May 2023.
Submissions should include a title, an abstract, and the affiliation.
The decision of the Organizing Committee will be communicated by 15 May 2023.
The conference fee:
- 400 PLN, by 10 July 2023 (early bird).
- 500 PLN, by 30 September 2023
- 600 PLN, by 3 November 2023 (late registration scheme)
The conference fee will cover conference materials, the publication of the papers, and catering: two lunches and dinner on Thursday, 24 November.
More information on the publication will be available in the coming months
The Organizing Comittee
Dr Michał Dulak
Dr Małgorzata Kułakowska
Institute of Political Science and International Relations
Polish Research Centre of the Jagiellonian University
Ul. Reymonta 4, 30-059 Krakow